Friday, July 9, 2010



I know, I know, some of you might be shaking your heads thinking about drinking an imperial stout in this heatwave, but continue reading and I promise you will understand why. Founder's does an amazing job with their stouts and their aged series, but the KBS (Kentucky Bourbon Stout) blows the other ones away. It pours so dark, and rich with a Carmel-toffee head that provides a visual of what your tastebuds are about to partake of. The upfront taste is definitely of coffee with a significant burst of bourbon-laced alcohol, but it's finish is full of vanilla, toffee-carme-ly goodness. The smell is amazing and the feel in the mouth is almost velvety. Ultimately, this is a perfect end to a long day, whether in a heatwave or a snowstorm. Try and track down one--they have probably all but disappeared at this point.

3 comments:

  1. It is a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty tasty beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have one aging in my closet right now and it's sitting next to the goose island bcs. it might not make it much longer after melissa's post.

    ReplyDelete