Yes, John Keats was referencing smoky-gooey-sticky Ribs. These particular ribs, although oversmoked, were damn near perfection. The only problem with oversmoking ribs is that they tend to fall off the bone too easily(as you can see in the photo above 3rd bone from the left). In true BBQ circles the perfect rib sticks to the bone just enough to keep the racks in tact. Here is a snippet from a certified KCBS judge. ***"The rib will be first subjected to the smell test, and then the judge will look at it to decide what portion he wants to eat first. The judge will take a bite from a side of the rib, which should come off at that point with just a little bit of resistance. If all the meat comes off the side of the bone, the judges know it is overcooked.
If the meat is resistant to come off, then the judge knows it is not cooked properly. In either
case, your entry will lose points." Blah,Blah,Blah.
F that S. Any rib falling off or near falling off the bone can sit next to me on a bus. I wish I would have taken a picture of the smoke ring I achieved on these, but there is always next time. Also, I have been making ribs for about a decade now and I am proud to say I have it down to a simple science. Any questions feel free to ask.
***KCBS- Kansas City Barbecue Society
nice lookin ribs, we talkin hands or fork??
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't kick my girl out of bed for eating fall off the bone ribs either.
Hands all the way. I could have de-boned the ribs and made a Clem's style rib Sandwich.
ReplyDelete