Thursday, July 15, 2010

WHERE'S THE BEEF??



THIS "LITTLE" GEM WAS SOMETHING WE CONSTRUCTED FOR OUR WEDS EVENING MEAL. UP FIRST, AND ACTING AS A SOLID FOUNTATION, WAS A FRESHLY BAKED ALLEGO WHOLE WHEAT TORPEDO ROLL. BATTING SECOND, IS AN ORCHESTRA OF SLICED BABY PORTS AND VIDALIA ONIONS(NOT COMPLETLY CARMELIZED, I LIKE TO LEAVE MY BURGER ONIONS/SHROOMS AL DENTE). THESE TWO WERE THEN LIGHTLY SHOWERED WITH WHITE TRUFFLE OIL, WHICH ADDED AN ENAHNCED EARTHINESS TO THE BABY PORTS. THE VIDALIA BALANCED THE EARTHINESS WITH SOME SWEETNESS.

NEXT UP ON THE CONVOY TO FLAVORTOWN WAS OVEN "FRIED" PEPPERED BACON. MR. BACON'S FLAVOR PROFILE WAS LOST SOMEWHERE IN THE SHUFFLE OF THE BURGER. THE CRUNCH I WAS LOOKING FOR WAS THERE, BUT UNFORTUNENTLY THAT WAS ALL. HIS VETERAN ATTITUDE AND SUPPORT WERE INDEED PRESENT, AND WERE QUITE STRONG, FOR THAT ALONE, I OWE MR.BACON MY DEEPEST GRATITUDE. I'LL SEE YOU IN THE LATER ROUNDS.

THE MEAT PORTION THE BURGER WAS SEASONED GROUND SIRLOIN, COOKED TO MEDIUM, STUFFED WITH A SICKENING AMOUNT OF AMISH BLUE CHEESE. THE BLUE ADDED THE "BITE" I WAS AIMING FOR, AND HAD NO TROUBLE BEFRIENDING THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS. THEN TO TOP IT OFF, MORE MELTED BLUE AND SOME CRISPY TOTS.

ABSOLUTLEY FANTASTIC BURGER.

2 comments:

  1. I just had my other half for lunch and it was amazing. I know leftover burgers are not the way to go, but refrigeration and gentle rewarming allowed the flavor of the bacon to come out from the shadows and show it's true merrits. Hats off to the Earl of Sandwhich--another successful sandwhich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Macroli! Considering eat-a-bility is only a factor in the Competition environment this burger appears near perfect. To me it looks like a k&f job or at least a squish together and eat then take care of whatever is pushed off of the bun. Either way it looks amazing and obviously plays by its own rules. As for left over burger eating, Last night's sandwich is in full support. Throughout college I ate numerous leftover Nicole Burger halves and on many occasions they were better than the original.

    ReplyDelete