Monday, July 19, 2010

Oysters and Shooters

I love seafood no matter where I'm at, but obviously going to a fresh seafood market at the beach is the best. My personal favorite is the freshly shucked raw oyster with a bit of lemon and a splash of hot sauce.


























When we go to the beach we like to take it a step further and down these suckers as a shooter. A good way for your shooter is just a shot of vodka, the juice of a lemon wedge and a few drops of hot sauce. Drop the oyster in the shooter and slam it down. I do a little something different and take it one step further. Bloody Mary oyster shooters are great for breakfast lunch or dinner at the beach, home, or at work. This year was even better because I had some of The Earl of Sandwich's peppers and garlic infused vodka. You don't even need any other spices, just put a few shots of the infused vodka into some plain old bloody mary mix and it has the perfect amount of kick and taste!!!

And there you have it... infused vodka and bloody mary mix shaken with ice then poured over a fresh oyster.

2 comments:

  1. I think you might have something there with a the shooter. I like the red wine vinegar and minced shallot topper but also the lemon and a splash hot sauce variety is quite nice. You need to get some panko and buttermilk and make a couple fried oyster po' boys. You may need some sustenance after all of the shooters.

    He was a bold man that first eat an oyster.
    -Jonathan Swift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!! Just getting into sum oysters myself. Glad the vodka was put to good use. Hope noone decided to drink any straight, that shit is a slow burner!!

    ReplyDelete